docs

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cgiulia
Rookie
Rookie

docs

Postby cgiulia » 18 Feb 2011, 06:24

ciao

mler
Master
Master

Re: When are divorce documents "applicable" for ap

Postby mler » 18 Feb 2011, 11:58

The thing is that all records pertaining to you should really be part of your Italian file. This would be particularly important should you decide to ever marry again (and have more children). Since your child is not from either marriage, the consulate can process your application without this information, but it seems advisable to inform them (your legal duty as a citizen) of all such matters.

As a practical matter, your marriages and divorces do not affect your citizenship, and since your son is not a product of either marriage, it should not affect his citizenship as well. I do believe that ultimately you will need your son's father's permission in order to obtain his (you son's) Italian passport.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: When are divorce documents "applicable" for ap

Postby johnnyonthespot » 18 Feb 2011, 14:51

... I do believe that ultimately you will need your son's father's permission in order to obtain his (you son's) Italian passport.[/quote]

I think the only way around this is to produce a court order which gives her full and absolute custody of her son. If there is any sort of shared custody or visitation rights for the father, then his permission will be necessary in order to obtain the son's passport.

This is true in most countries today, even when obtaining US passports.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”