Do they keep the documents? How long?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
italianstall10n

Do they keep the documents? How long?

Postby italianstall10n » 26 Feb 2011, 19:58

Hello all,

My fiance and I have an appointment for her dual-citizenship in June. My question is, other people in her family want to apply (ie cousins, uncles). Assuming they accept the application, my question is do they keep all the documents? If so, how long? We can produce two's of every document but the birth record from Italy, and her family is wondering if they should make their appointments now, or wait if they keep the documents? Do they ever return the documents?

So for those of you who have succeeded, what is the process afterwards? If it helps, we will be applying through the Chicago Consulate.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Do they keep the documents? How long?

Postby johnnyonthespot » 26 Feb 2011, 20:19

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Re: Do they keep the documents? How long?

Postby ForzaItaliaPgh » 26 Feb 2011, 22:30

My understanding is that they indeed keep ALL the documents and a copy of each document with translation.

If you have a document from Italy, you shouldn't have a hard time getting another copy.

Buona fortuna.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”