lightning-fast USCIS response time

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
heidebock
Rookie
Rookie

lightning-fast USCIS response time

Postby heidebock » 14 Mar 2011, 22:34

Just an FYI for anyone interested.... I was fairly certain that my GGF had never been naturlized and that there was no documentation to the contrary.

I had never requested a record-search from USCIS (only from the National Archives), but I just decided to go ahead and request a certification of no-record from USCIS. I wrote off asking for the certification and received it back in exactly 1 month.

That seemed like warp speed compared to some of the other posts I've read, so I wanted to post a positive report, as well as bring up the possible strategy of writing them even before requesting a full record-search if you're pretty confident that your ancestor had no naturalization records.

sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Re: lightning-fast USCIS response time

Postby sforza » 15 Mar 2011, 01:40

I did the same thing - skipped the index search and went straight for the nonexistence of record. Took 45 days and, unlike the index search, it was free.

heidebock
Rookie
Rookie

Re: lightning-fast USCIS response time

Postby heidebock » 15 Mar 2011, 04:53

hiGHFIVE! ;-) Yeah, it definitely felt good to get that out of the way and I highly recommend it.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”