Lovin' Napoli - obtaining your own estratto di nascita

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mler
Master
Master

Lovin' Napoli - obtaining your own estratto di nascita

Postby mler » 31 Mar 2011, 18:36

I really wanted to have certified copies of my (and my son's) registered birth certificates, so I requested them by mail on March 15 of this year. Today they arrived!!! Efficient Napoli :lol:

For those who might be interested, this is the letter I sent:

Gentili Signori:

Vorrei chiedere una copia del certificato di nascita per me e per mio figlio, registrato quasi tre anni fa. Vi comunico i nostri dati:

Per Me
Cognome:
Nome:
Data di Nascita:
Luogo di Nascita:
Genitori:

Per Mio Figlio
(same information as for me)

Grazie per l’attenzione.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: Lovin' Napoli - obtaining your own estratto di nasc

Postby sceaminmonkey » 31 Mar 2011, 23:41

I sent them an email a couple weeks ago and havent heard back yet. do you think I should use snail mail?

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 01 Apr 2011, 01:51

Are you sending it to Napoli as well? I sent the letter by snail mail about the same time you sent the e-mail (March 15 to be exact). Given the time it takes for snail mail to travel to and from Italy, a two-week response time is pretty good, so that may be the way to go.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 01 Apr 2011, 02:00

Yes I'm sending it to Naples commune. Do you think they will even send a email response?

mler
Master
Master

Re: Lovin' Napoli - obtaining your own estratto di nascita

Postby mler » 08 Apr 2011, 23:59

Hard to tell about e-mail Every time I've contacted them it's been by snail mail, and they've never disappointed me. I sent them a self-addressed envelope, but they didn't use it, so don't bother.

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby belmoro19 » 09 Apr 2011, 14:24

Mler,
Thank you posting that information. I recently received my certificate of citizenship and wanted to request my birth certificate and wasnt sure how to do it. Thanks

Just for anyone going to use the philly comsualte. I had my appointment February 1,2011 and received my certificate April 7, 2011. Not a bad turnaround. I was originally told 4-6 months. My experience with philly was awesome. Best of luck to everyone in pursuit of their dream.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 09 Apr 2011, 17:16

Just curious belmoro who did you apply through ? Ggf ? Father? Etc

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby belmoro19 » 09 Apr 2011, 17:52

I applied great grandfather-grandfather-mother-me. Thankfully ggf nevr naturalized. I had few discrepancies but Lia was very understanding. I am still shocked it only less than 2 months to get certificate.

sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Postby sceaminmonkey » 09 Apr 2011, 19:12

I hit 4months tomorrow and still waiting :(

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Postby belmoro19 » 10 Apr 2011, 14:04

Hey sceaminmonkey,

Don't get discouraged. From what I have read and heard each comune in Italy works differently. Some are faster than others and some are slower. Did you go through Philadelphia?

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 10 Apr 2011, 14:13

I think you mean that it has been four months since you submitted your application to NYC. If so, I tend to think that you have not heard from Napoli because NY has not sent them your documents for registration.

The NY consulate is one of the few that allows you to apply for your passport as soon as they approve your application and send out your documents for registration at the comune. When they do this, you get that lovely letter (sometimes e-mail) advising you that your application has been approved. After you get the letter, you will need to allow Napoli at least several weeks to actually transfer your document information into their records.

If you have not yet received that letter from the consulate, Napoli can't send you anything because it has nothing to send. Sit tight. Applications in NY sometimes take a while before they are approved.

maria:)

Postby maria:) » 19 Apr 2011, 20:51

hi saw your post im trying to help a friend she needs to obtain her birth certificate from naples
she was brought over to the uk as a very small child and has been here roughly 50 years.. was born in naples. she has never wanted a passport to travel so there has never been a need to obtain it... until now, the problem she has is that she cannot speak italian and i dont know italian either but i am good on the pc. i saw your post and your template and i am wondering if this would be suitable to use in her case.

any help gratefully recieved
thanks

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 19 Apr 2011, 21:46

It should work, but I would make some minor changes as follows:

Gentili Signori:

Vorrei ricevere una copia del mio certificato di nascita, registrato (the date her bc was registered or at minimum the month and year). Vi comunico il mio data:

Cognome: (last name at birth)
Nome: (first and middle names)
Data di Nascita: (date of birth - day, month, year)
Luogo di Nascita: (place of birth)
Genitori: (parents' names - mother listed with her maiden name)

Grazie per l'attenzione.

The letter says: I would like to obtain my birth certificate, registered on ------. Following are the details: Listing of details. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

maria:)

Postby maria:) » 20 Apr 2011, 19:24

great thanks one last question do u have the correct address where we send it to in naples ... ive looked on the website and i am confussed as to which is the most direct ... you have been amazing help thankyou xx

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 21 Apr 2011, 00:55

This is the address:

Comune di Napoli
Servizio Centrale Civile
Ufficio Corrispondenza Valori
II traversa privata, Parco Quadrifoglio
C.A.P. 80126 Napoli

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”