Middle name, Sr - Jr question

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
rgaetano
Rookie
Rookie

Middle name, Sr - Jr question

Postby rgaetano » 14 Apr 2011, 01:34

Ciao a tutti- I just noticed something and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with a similar situation or problems at their appointment.

My grandfather (born in USA to my unnaturalized great-grandparents, I'm applying through GGF), has no middle name on his birth certificate, but has one (consistent) on his death certificate, my father's birth certificate, and my grandmother's death certificate. I am still waiting to receive my grandfather's marriage certificate, so I'm not sure if it is on that. Should this pose a problem?

Also, my father took the same name as his father (thus becoming Jr). The "Sr" obviously doesn't appear on any of my grandfather's documents until my father was born. I vaguely recall reading things about the consulate not liking Jr-Sr names. Does anyone have experience with this?

Grazie

MiaCarelli

Re: Middle name, Sr - Jr question

Postby MiaCarelli » 05 May 2011, 01:57

I do not have the answer to your question, but I wanted to pull this back to the top of the list in case anyone knows. I have Father's birth cert. first and last name only, marriage record with middle initial, my birth record full middle name. He's still alive so it sounds like I can change the last two, but I'm not sure if they'll require it. (His baptism record has all names.)

MST995
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Middle name, Sr - Jr question

Postby MST995 » 05 May 2011, 15:31

I'm a junior and I had no problems in NYC, however, I'm using my mother's line, so my father's name is irrelevant to the Italian consulate.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”