Sucess in San Francisco

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bene2950
Rookie
Rookie

Sucess in San Francisco

Postby bene2950 » 15 Apr 2011, 04:05

First of all I would like to thank all on this forum who helped with all the questions and documents I needed.

My appointment was today at 9:30am. I had arrived early and was let in to the waiting area by the lady behind the counter. She was very professional and easy to talk to. I sat on the bench for about 10 minutes when the door opened and I was greeted by Alessio Cei, the consulate representative. As we entered the area, I was directed to his desk on the right near the corner.

Mr. Cei is easy to talk with and is very helpful. I was put at ease. The first document he asked for was my application. I then showed him my grandfather's birth certificate, marriage certificate, naturalization certificate, and death certificate. The marriage and death certificates had apostilles. I had the original naturalization certicate and a photocopy. He verified the original, took the copy and wrote on it. He gave me back the original.

He asked for my grandmother's birth certificate and her death certifcate as there was a discrepancy in my grandfather's age and that they spelled my grandmother's name wrong on the marriage certificate. He could see from the death certificate that her name was spelled correctly.

Next I gave him my mother's birth certifcate (apostille), marriage certifcate (apostille) and death certificate (apostille. My mother's first name on the birth certificate is Fillipa, all the other documents have Phyllis as her first name. This was not an issue.

Next I gave him my father's birth certificate along with a name change from the superior court as his name was changed from the birth certificate. Again not an issue as I had the name change paperwork.

Next my birth certificate and marriage certificate both apostille'd.

Next my wife's birth certificate. We were married before 1983 so there is another form to fill out which I did not have. Mr Cei was kind enough to print a form for me to have my wife sign. My wife was not with me so I have to return or have the form filled out and notarized.

My adult son had his application, form 2b, driver's license and passport notarized which I gave to Mr. Cei. This was fine since my son lives in Seattle, WA

All my documents passed and I was told we would get a letter in the mail informing us of our Italian Citizenship. There is no exact time frame. Just to let you know Mr. Cei said he is booked till October 2012. He is in charge of seven states and is busy.

musaccosteve
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sucess in San Francisco

Postby musaccosteve » 15 Apr 2011, 23:47

Congratulations!!!

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 16 Apr 2011, 01:03

Great news! Congratulations.

bene2950
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bene2950 » 16 Apr 2011, 01:11

Thanks to all. This site really helped in the obtaining and organizing documents making the process much easier.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”