Organizing documents for my appt in 6 weeks

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Organizing documents for my appt in 6 weeks

Postby DeFilippis78 » 23 Apr 2011, 20:35

My appt is in 6 weeks. Im still waiting for docs with the seals and some translations. Once I receive them all, how should I have everything neatly organized for the consulate? I have a ton of paperwork and "no naturalization" records plus all the marriage/death/birth certificates. Anyone want to share how you made your application look professional, neat and organized?

mler
Master
Master

Re: Organizing documents for my appt in 6 weeks

Postby mler » 24 Apr 2011, 16:04

Wow! It's finally almost here. Best of luck.

The interviewer will probably ask for your documents in sequence, so you should organize them in a manner that will make it easy to find what you need. I set up separate file folder for each person in the line (gf, f, me, son).

I included a summary sheet for each file folder (a listing of the documents enclosed) and placed them in chronological sequence. For example, in my gf's folder, I included first his Italian bc, followed by his marriage certificate, followed by his naturalization papers, followed by his death certificate. To each document, I clipped the translation and two copies. (I didn't need two copies except for my gf's bc.

I also prepared a summary sheet that showed the sequence of the citizenship line. I posted a sample here: You may find the entire thread helpful, but the sample summary is on page 2.

http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.or ... hilit=file folders&start=10

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”