Move before consulate appointment - to different region!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

Move before consulate appointment - to different region!

Postby ericataylor22 » 01 Jun 2011, 21:20

I may potentially have to move to a different region of the country prior to my consulate appointment, is this going to be a problem? I have to have paperwork prior to moving to Italy next year.

Any thoughts?

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Move before consulate appointment - to different region!

Postby johnnyonthespot » 02 Jun 2011, 17:06

Eric,

Yes, this can most definitely be a problem. You are supposed to be resident within the jurisdiction of the consulate in which you submit your application. You will be asked to prove this by presenting your driver's license and/or other proof of address such as a recent bank statement or utility bill.

If you think you may be moving to another region and you already know where that would be, you may want to go ahead and book an appointment there now but also keep your Philly (?) appointment open as well. This way you will have both bases covered.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Move before consulate appointment - to different region!

Postby JPMessina44 » 13 Jun 2011, 20:02

^ johnny's spot on....good luck with it. Prob best to try and wait out a move until after. If its dire that you have to move, going to be tough because of the proof of residence requirements.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”