My son did not apply with me... my daughters did

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
corrado
Elite
Elite

My son did not apply with me... my daughters did

Postby corrado » 05 Jun 2011, 04:02

So they got their citizenship, he is 23 and would like to get his now. Does he have to go though all what I did over again? Can we just go down there and register him?

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: My son did not apply with me... my daughters did

Postby johnnyonthespot » 05 Jun 2011, 12:58

In NYC and at least a few other consulates, you would be able to register the birth of your child through a simple process which takes at most a week or two in most cases. This is how I had my then 23 year-old son's citizenship recognized.

It would seem that the Chicago consulate has taken this one step further; they even have a link and application form on their web site specifically for the purpose of registering adult children. See "Registration of the Birth Certificate for People over 18 in Italy" on this page http://www.conschicago.esteri.it/Consolato_Chicago/Menu/I_Servizi/Per_i_cittadini/Stato_civile/
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: My son did not apply with me... my daughters did

Postby corrado » 05 Jun 2011, 22:23

Thanks Johnny! cool!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”