What document is this?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Rossfeld

What document is this?

Postby Rossfeld » 16 Jun 2011, 17:03

Hello all,

Born in Vicenza in 1980 to American military parents.

I have an Italian form stamped September 1980, about two weeks after I was born.

It says 'Estratto per Riassunto di Atto di Nascita'. There's three pages, about half the size of normal magazine pages, all 3 pages are identical.

However there is a line that says "In carta resa legale/semplice per l'uso a marginale al N. ___ "

On the first two pages /semplice per l'uso a marginale is crossed out, and there are 4 500lira stamps on each page with a Comune di Vicenza ink stamp over the top. On the third page legale/ is crossed out, but there is a 3 over the N. ____ and it doesn't have a block of postage stamps but it does have the ink stamp.

Is this what I would get if I applied for a copy of my birth certificate in 2011? I have to hand this in as part of an application for citizenship in Hungary(long story, don't ask) and I'm not sure if this is good enough as proof of my Italian birth. And if it is I want to make sure this isn't the only/original copy, as this will be going along with my application to the National Archive in Budapest and I won't be seeing it again...

And are all 3 pages combined the document or do the with/without postage stamps representing different things?

Could take and upload a photo if it would help.

Thanks

Ross

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”