Looking for fellow Boston applicants who have had appts.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Looking for fellow Boston applicants who have had appts.

Postby alm » 19 Jun 2011, 21:20

I'm looking for fellow Boston applicants who have had appointments in the last several years.

My case is pretty simple. GF came in 1912 age 19. Father born 1926 before GF naturalized. No divorces.

I have or will soon have :
GF's : birth record from Italy, photocopy of ship manifest, USCIS file, NARA certification of citizenship (after dad was born)
GM's : US birth cert.
GP's : marriage cert.
GP's : death certs.
father's : birth cert.
mother's : birth cert.
parents' : marriage cert.
my : birth cert.

Both parents are still alive in another state. Dad probably cannot travel.
I know I need to get everything translated and apostilled.

For those of you who have been through the Boston process, what else have you been asked for?

Does Boston ask for Declaration of Living Ascendant? If so did you use another state's form? (There are no forms on the Boston Web site). Do they really want all of dad's addresses since 18?

If dad uses the American version of his Italian name, are they asking for an affidavit?

Do they want GF's WWI draft registration? I don't know if there is one - do I need to find out?

Anything else you can think of?

Any hints/tips for dealing with Boston Consulate would be most appreciated. Dad is 84. I'm trying to move quickly. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”