Request Letter to Comune confirming Registration for Nascita

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
LuigiF

Request Letter to Comune confirming Registration for Nascita

Postby LuigiF » 12 Jul 2011, 21:46

My sister has been told by the embassy that all we need now is the letter of confirmation from the Comune Porto Empecocle AG for her Italian Citizenship to go thru
The embasy said they have e-mail,faxed and no response.
Does anybody on this forum have a standard letter requesting this information that we can send to the comune ourselves?

I have the correct #s when I received my Citizenship last year.

Please Help!

Luigi

corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: Request Letter to Comune confirming Registration for Nas

Postby corrado » 12 Jul 2011, 22:15

This is supposed to be automatic, the comune automaticly sends you a birth extract. There could be a couple of glitches here, the comune are well not got, or (very possiable) the paperwork didn't end up in the comune. In either case it is up to the comune. I would suggest a phone call to the stato civile in the comune. It would be helpful if you could find someone who spoke italian to help with thie.

LuigiF

Postby LuigiF » 12 Jul 2011, 22:29

Grazie Corrado.

We know they have received the paper work, took some time to get my documents from them.
We4 have sent a short letter to the Registry Office requesting certificato di nascita

Lets hope we hear from them soon,,,we are heading to Sicily in Septembre

Ciao

Lou

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 12 Jul 2011, 23:23

I don't think that comuni automatically send you an estratto. I have been recognized several years and only recently requested one from my comune. I received it within two weeks of my request. My request was made through snail mail, and the text of the letter is posted in the thread "Lovin' Napoli."

Harleygrrl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Harleygrrl » 14 Jul 2011, 02:45

Ciao Luigi, you might want to have a look at this form letter generator: http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
Hope it's useful.

Angela

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”