Apostilles for letters of No Record?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

Apostilles for letters of No Record?

Postby ericataylor22 » 21 Jul 2011, 16:30

I am in the process of getting all my documents apostille and was wondering if I had to have my letters of No Record from NARA, Immigration, and County Court apostilled? Additionally, do apostilles need to be translated?

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

nytgal

Re: Apostilles for letters of No Record?

Postby nytgal » 29 Jul 2011, 21:12

I recently obtained my dual citizenship. I had a few No Record letters from local courts and other sources. I had several meetings with the Italian Consulate in Boston. Each time he would review the information and send me back to obtain more documents. Once I had all my records he chose the documents that needed apostilles. It was a matter of walking a few blocks, paying the fee per document and walking back to the Italian Consulate. My experience with Boston was wonderful with no complaints. I enjoyed the entire process. Yes, it can take a few months to a few years. And yes, they do want records complete so they don't get rejected. Once my packet was approved in Boston it was sent to the village of my grandfather. That was in October of 2010. It was not approved until February of 2011 this year they were returned. Hope this helps and gives you encouragement.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”