Appointment in 1 week but missing one document, what to do?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
aulus
Rookie
Rookie

Appointment in 1 week but missing one document, what to do?

Postby aulus » 08 Aug 2011, 05:36

My appointment at the SF consulate is scheduled one week from tomorrow but I'm missing one last document, specifically the USCIS non-naturalization certification (I sent the request about 2 months ago, so I'm hoping for the reply any day now). What should I do? Do the consulates usually let you postpone for a short period of time, or would I have to schedule a whole new appointment? (~6 months wait in this case) Or should I just send everything else I have now, hoping they will let me submit the final remaining document when it comes?

dalemma

Re: Appointment in 1 week but missing one document, what to

Postby dalemma » 11 Aug 2011, 15:59

I would go. If you already know the requested document works in your favor, which I assume you do, I'd give 'em everything you have, explain the situation and get a file started with the consulate. I was missing some stuff, went anyway and I was given a file number to reference when I sent the finished or missing documents in, for myself and my father. There was no problem. I did mine through the Detroit consulate, which seems much easier than most, so I have no info. about San Fran. Good luck!!
Dominic

Rodio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Appointment in 1 week but missing one document, what to

Postby Rodio » 12 Aug 2011, 20:15

I also feel you should go to this appointment. I have seen other posts from applicants in SF which report the SF consulate is a reasonable consulate to apply at. Explain to your interviewer the situation, and hopefully you can submit your application now, and send in or drop off the USCIS document when you receive it.

Best of luck.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”