documents lost

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

documents lost

Postby bmilazzo » 24 Aug 2011, 23:44

After not hearing anything for six months I emailed the consulate. They told me that my documents never arrived at the commune. Fortunately, the consulate has copies and has re-sent them.
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: documents lost

Postby Mulé » 03 Sep 2011, 19:38

Wow! Amazing!

I thought these documents are sent in a diplomatic pouch, so SURELY there is a chain of custody and visibility! I would hate to have my packet of information in the wrong hands. Talk about identify theft!

That has been my greatest fear, that my documents would have been lost somewhere along the way. I have been waiting for a long time without an update, I might have to ring up the consulate on Monday and see if there is any update for me, although I am not optimistic.

Should I request they contact the commune to check on the case?
Would they readily make that call?

Good luck. Did they give you an updated time frame on your case?
How did they know the commune didn't receive the documents? Was this after you asked them to check on the paperwork?

I am wondering what has taken so long on my case, submitted in late October 2010 at the consulate, but was informed it wasn't sent to the commune until late March 2011, FIVE months after I submitted it, and a full 10 months after my first attempt to submit a completed application/appointment, after more than a decade and a half of earnestly trying to gather documents, although I am ashamed to say I started earlier than 1993 looking into the possibility. :( Now it has been 5 months since late March 2011 and I have no new updates. I called in mid July for an update, but no news.

When I asked when my application was sent to the commune, I was told, "late March", no exact date, even when I rephrased the question. Is it possible to get exact information from the consulate?
Has anyone asked for a chain of custody type of documentation?
When was my application approved by the consul general?
When was my application sent to the commune?
When did the commune receive the application?

Has anyone had any luck with such questions?
Or are there better questions to ask?
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 04 Sep 2011, 02:18

No the pouch only goes to the ministry's in Rome. Beleive it or not they go in the regular mail. Mine was sent to the wrong comune. What a mess but at least that can be fixed, by having the consulate send copies.
corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby Mulé » 02 Jan 2012, 21:06

bmilazzo wrote:After not hearing anything for six months I emailed the consulate. They told me that my documents never arrived at the commune. Fortunately, the consulate has copies and has re-sent them.

Any update. I believe my documents have not been received by the comune, sent from Boston as well. Going on 14 months since documents were submitted at consulate! :(
Mulé
Elite
Elite

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship