application forms for appointment

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
williamsburger
Rookie
Rookie

application forms for appointment

Postby williamsburger » 14 Sep 2011, 07:09

Gosh, I can't believe how many questions I have! My mother's appointment in Newark is tomorrow (Thursday the 15th), and I'm just trying to make sure she has all the resources she needs.

Regarding the forms that accompany the application, are those to be filled out ahead of time, or at the consulate? I've been trying to find the forms themselves on the Newark consulate's website, but to no avail. Are these available at the consulate's office, or can anyone link me to them?

Additionally, it looks like there's something on the consulate's website about a $200 fee for all applicants:
As required by the new law n 94/2009, there is a fee of euro 200.00 to be paid in Euro currency, by all applicants presenting their application on or after august 8, 2009. The fee of Euro 200.00 must be paid prior to citizenship appointment, through international bank transfer or through Eurogiro network.

Does this apply to jure sanguinis applicants?

Thank you all so much!

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: application forms for appointment

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Sep 2011, 11:02

Not all consulates make use of the application forms; perhaps Newark is one of those that does not.

The application fee of €200 (about $273) does not apply to jure sanguinis cases. It does apply to jure matrimonio and other forms of naturalization cases.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JJ313 » 14 Sep 2011, 15:38

The forms are available on the NY consulate's website, which is identical to the one I used. When I made my appointment I asked about forms because I could not find any posted for my consulate and was told that I would be given forms to complete at the appointment. Needless to say I brought the completed forms which were accepted, one less thing to worry about during the appointment. I signed them in front of the consular officer.

Good luck tomorrow!

ZingaraD

Postby ZingaraD » 14 Sep 2011, 16:15

I applied at the Newark consulate in July. I did not bring any application forms with me. I was given the appropriate application forms to fill out while I was there.

I have been following your posts and hope all goes well for your mom tomorrow.

ZingaraD

williamsburger
Rookie
Rookie

Postby williamsburger » 14 Sep 2011, 16:58

Thank you guys so much...I'm going to have my mother fill these forms out ahead of time, just so she has them, and so she'll have the correct information if the consulate wants them filled out on the premises.

In reading these forms, it looks like 1&2 are to be filled out by the applicant, 3 is to be filled out by any living antecedents, and 4 is for deceased antecedents. The version of Form 4 that I found states, "If your Italian ancestor was born in Italy, but is deceased, please fill out the following declaration. If alive please have him/her fill FORM3."

In our case, however, my mother's mother is part of the line of succession. She wasn't born in Italy; she was born in America. However, she passed away in 1982. Should we fill out a copy of Form 4 for her, even though she was not born in Italy? Or is there another form that applies in this case?

JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Postby JJ313 » 14 Sep 2011, 18:26

Fill out Form 4 for your GM that way your mother has the info in case they want a different form. On the version of Form 4 that I have it says born outside of Italy but the text is identical.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”