Help with Death Certificate Amendment...Please!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
tlisti
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Death Certificate Amendment...Please!

Postby tlisti » 22 Sep 2011, 05:33

GGF Birth Certificate reads: Filippo Listi
Amending Death Certificate that presently reads: Philip Lester

Should I amend to: Filippo Listi aka: Philip Lester?
or
Philip Lester aka: Filippo Listi?

GF, F, and I show Lester as last name on all documents, and I don't think I can amend all of them.

I know there is no "definite" answer, but would appreciate experienced opinion. Thanks for reply!

corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with Death Certificate Amendment...Please!

Postby corrado » 22 Sep 2011, 07:00

Amending a death certificate is easy, except the name, that you will need a court order. At least in Illinois. Dates and other things are routine. Best thing to do is contact your state dept of vital statistics and ask them. They are helpfull.

tlisti
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with Death Certificate Amendment...Please!

Postby tlisti » 22 Sep 2011, 19:20

GGF(Filippo Listi-BC),Philip Lester-DC)>GF(Lester)>F(Lester)>Me(Lester)
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully I won't need the court order, but if I do, my Husband,an Attorney,is going to help. First I'm trying to amend death cert., b/c in Texas, you can ADD to it. In this case, I would not change the Philip Lester, but ADD the Filippo Listi aka:.
...the question is, in what form:

Filippo Listi aka: Philip Lester, or
Philip Lester aka: Filippo Lester

I want to request the amendment additions in the best form, to hopefully avoid the conslate wanting other direct line "Lester" documents amended. My Husband has an opinion, but you guys deal with this all the time, so I would like yours. Thanks again!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”