First Names

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
debate

First Names

Postby debate » 25 Sep 2011, 06:47

I am going through my paternal side.

My father's name on the BC is listed as Raimondo but everything else is known as Raymond.

My mother's name on the BC is listed as Mary Ann but everything else is known as Mariann.

I think the mother's side does not really matter and I know I read something on here about submitted an affidavit that says both people are the same. I am going through Chicago.

debate

Re: First Names

Postby debate » 30 Sep 2011, 23:06

Bumping

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 01 Oct 2011, 17:00

No way to tell. With an exact translation (Raimondo/Raymond) there should be no problem, but if the consulate wants to make it an issue, it can. Prepare an affidavit just it case, but I think you're clear on this one.

debate

Postby debate » 01 Oct 2011, 18:37

Could I use this:

DICHIARAZIONE SOSTITUTIVA DI CERTIFICAZIONE
topic13639.html

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 03 Oct 2011, 19:26

debate wrote:I am going through my paternal side.

My father's name on the BC is listed as Raimondo but everything else is known as Raymond.

My mother's name on the BC is listed as Mary Ann but everything else is known as Mariann.

I think the mother's side does not really matter and I know I read something on here about submitted an affidavit that says both people are the same. I am going through Chicago.

Personally, if I were you, I would just have my birth certificate amended to show my parents correct names - a simple process in most states. It is the easiest way to ensure that the consulate will not give you a hard time.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”