Moving to Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
timjolin

Moving to Italy

Postby timjolin » 13 Oct 2011, 23:53

I have just received notification that my Italian citizenship has been recognized. Next step is to get my passport.

My family and I plan to move to Europe now that we have the right to live and work (my daughter is an Italian citizen now too and my wife must apply for residency wherever we end up).

I'm hoping that others have gone done this path and have advice.

Such as:

1. How to get health care. I've read plenty about the EHIC but I've not read anything about an EU citizen never having lived in Europe but wanting to take up residency and join the public health scheme.

2. Residence in Italy. How long does it take to get residency and what living situation must I seek for residency. Must it be a long term lease arrangement?

3. Private health insurance. Friends in Spain say that private health insurance is very cheap. How can I find a company **SPAM** such a policy?

Thanks for any help.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Moving to Italy

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Oct 2011, 02:29

Do you plan to go to Italy or to another EU country?

If Italy, you may find more and better answers at ExpatsInItaly: http://expatsinitaly.com/phpbbforum
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”