Divorce documents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Drew927
Elite
Elite

Divorce documents

Postby Drew927 » 26 Oct 2011, 15:49

My sister's appointment is in february and has just recently divorced. Does she need to bring a certified copy of the divorce decree w/ translation and apostille? Her children are all adults. I am thinking this would only matter if she were to re-marry.
any thoughts?
Drew

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Divorce documents

Postby ricbru » 30 Oct 2011, 21:40

Yes, tell your sister to bring , anyway, the divorce decree (when ready) with official translation and apostille, I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Divorce documents

Postby sforza » 31 Oct 2011, 17:10

She will also need a certificate of no appeal. If the court system in her jurisdiction does not issue these, she should make sure there's something added to the document - a stamp usually - indicating that the time to appeal has expired. Also, some Consulates (eg, NYC) require the translation of the divorce decree itself to be apostilled (she will not have to have translations of other vital records apostilled, however). The way that is usually done is for the translation to be notarized, and the notarized translation apostilled.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”