Italian Passports

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
dalemma

Italian Passports

Postby dalemma » 03 Nov 2011, 13:21

Hello everyone,

I accidentally posted this in the wrong spot, so its here twice, sorry.

I'm waiting for my (and my families) Italian birth certs. from Staiti RC because I was told by the Detroit Consulate that they were needed for passports. I have a friend using the New York Consulate who is able to apply online for his passport, without his birth-cert.

It seems all the Consulates issue passports a little different. I'd love stories of your Consulate, with regards to getting your passports! I think it would help people a lot.

Thanks in advance!!

Dalemma

dalemma

cpa21

Re: Italian Passports

Postby cpa21 » 11 Nov 2011, 07:00

My son obtained his passport from the NYC consulate in late July. He made the appointment online and appeared on the scheduled date and time. He did not have his Italian birth certificate. He did have his US passport, the completed form, two US passport sized photos, and the fee. His photos were trimmed to EU size with shears. The entire process was about as exciting as a visit to motor vehicles

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”