Authenticating birth certificate for tokyo consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Authenticating birth certificate for tokyo consulate

Postby sceaminmonkey » 13 Dec 2011, 18:51

my brother is now applying in tokyo. instead of making the consulate send it for verification to new york is there a way I can hand in the document and have it verified? I remember reading you can but how do I do that and do I need to tell them where I am sending it?

Re: Authenticating birth certificate for tokyo consulate

Postby cpa21 » 15 Dec 2011, 07:46

Try this link for information:

You might also try the consulate web site

Re: Authenticating birth certificate for tokyo consulate

Postby JJ313 » 17 Dec 2011, 17:06

You can hand deliver your brother's documents to NY M-F before 2:00 PM. You will need to have him send you a letter authorizing you to deliver the documents on his behalf. In addition you will need to:
1. Pay the fee of $8.50 (fee changes quarterly) per translated page (cash, money order or credit card are accepted in NY). There is a $4.00 credit card transaction fee imposed.
2. Provide a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of the documents. They will not authenticate them while you wait. The documents will likely be returned in 30 days.
3. Release form. NY requires a note releasing them of liability for loss of documents in transit.
4. Copy of your brother's photo ID.

It would be easier for your brother to send them directly to the consulate unless you already have the documents in hand.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”