Maffei in America

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
24 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Maffei in America

Postby mauricia » 17 Jan 2012, 04:21

hi elisa, my name is mauricia maffei i randomly typed in ellis island when the maffei's arrived and found this website and saw you were woundering if roberta maffei was a daughter of one of your relitives. she is my grandmother. she married into the maffei family. she married my grandfather vito maffei. My grandfather vito has 3 brother vince, cozy and frank and one sister marry. im not close to them but they all live near alliance OH, and in Ravenna OH. My great grandparents were deseaced before my time so i never meet them. All i know is that my grandfathers brothers were born in italy and my great grandmother was pregnant and had my grandfather vito in america. i dont know the dates when they arived in america. My drandfather is around 70 yrs old. he told me that his family owned a celery farm i dont know if that was in italy or here in america. My grandfather also told me that his family was from bari italy. Im not sure if thats correct.
mauricia

Postby mauricia » 17 Jan 2012, 04:52

hi elisa, i just talked to my grandfather his mothers name was Angeline and fathers name was vito. my grandfather doesnt think there's a relation. There are two maffei families in aliance oh. There are no relations between the two families.
mauricia

Postby ElisaMaf » 02 Feb 2012, 20:32

Hi Mauricia! Thanks a lot for your information! I asked if Roberta Maffei was one of my relatives beacause I had seen thaht she lived in Alliance, like my relatives... but i didn't know there were two Maffei families. Can I ask you a pleasure? Could you ask your grandparents if they know anything about the other Maffei Family, please?? Thank you!
ElisaMaf

Postby Biff83 » 02 Feb 2012, 21:08

Elisa,

Here are the addresses/phone numbers of Angelo's grandchildren from the obituary I previously posted on this thread. Located these on whitepages.com.

David J Maffei
(330) 862-3069
2741 Fox Ave NE
Minerva, OH 44657-9137

Marcia I Maffei
(541) 607-7037
4755 Wendover St
Eugene, OR 97404-1149

Cheryl Maffei & Franklin E Eldridge
(402) 489-6395
3001 S 51st St, Apt 3301
Lincoln, NE 68506-3488

Biff
"There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children - one is roots, and the other, wings." -- Hodding S. Carter

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Biff83
Master
Master

Postby ronaldraga » 14 Apr 2012, 03:55

hello elisamaf my name is ronald raga angelo maffei was my great- grandfather, his daughter edith was my grandmother. they did live in alliance, ohio. he did have a grocery store and later delivered coal. he and his brother had a poolhall in alliance also. i always wondered about any family in italy. any information i would love to have and would give you any help i can.
thank you
ronaldraga

Postby alysonraga33 » 14 Apr 2012, 08:41

Elisa, My name is alyson raga. Ronald raga is my father. Angelo maffei is my great great grandfather. I live ten minutes from alliance ohio. Please contact me through PM or on facebook. I really hope to get a response from u. I have a lot of info and have some questions for u too. Thanks, alyson
alysonraga33

Postby alysonraga33 » 14 Apr 2012, 08:44

Alyson raga great great granddaughter of angelo maffei
alysonraga33

Postby amaffeismith » 07 Jan 2014, 05:11

Hi Mauricia,

I am almost certain I am your distant cousin. Vince Maffei was my grandfather. He passed away a few days ago and I was searching for some family information. His brothers included Cosmo, Vito, Frank and his sister Mary. By Chance, do you know Mary's last name? I am in charge of writing his obituary and want to make sure I get the details right. It would so interesting to learn more about our heritage!

-Angela

Postby mauricia » 16 Jan 2012, 22:21
hi elisa, my name is mauricia maffei i randomly typed in ellis island when the maffei's arrived and found this website and saw you were woundering if roberta maffei was a daughter of one of your relitives. she is my grandmother. she married into the maffei family. she married my grandfather vito maffei. My grandfather vito has 3 brother vince, cozy and frank and one sister marry. im not close to them but they all live near alliance OH, and in Ravenna OH. My great grandparents were deseaced before my time so i never meet them. All i know is that my grandfathers brothers were born in italy and my great grandmother was pregnant and had my grandfather vito in america. i dont know the dates when they arived in america. My drandfather is around 70 yrs old. he told me that his family owned a celery farm i dont know if that was in italy or here in america. My grandfather also told me that his family was from bari italy. Im not sure if thats correct
amaffeismith

Postby amaffeismith » 08 Jan 2014, 04:24

Hi Mauricia,

I am almost certain I am your distant cousin. Vince Maffei was my grandfather. He passed away a few days ago and I was searching for some family information. His brothers included Cosmo, Vito, Frank and his sister Mary. By Chance, do you know Mary's last name? I am in charge of writing his obituary and want to make sure I get the details right. It would so interesting to learn more about our heritage!

-Angela
amaffeismith

Previous

24 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship