*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

WHERE DO I START??

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

WHERE DO I START??

Postby maria_minx_1 » 01 Dec 2004, 14:00

I would like to research my family tree back to Italy. Both sets of great grandparents were Italian My GGF Andrea Mansueto was born Cucaruz,Rocca D'Evandra and his fathers name was Guiseppe.. My GGM was from a nearby village Picanisco... I know the names of my GGF's siblings how do I tarck down birth records etc
maria_minx_1

Re: WHERE DO I START??

Postby ptimber » 01 Dec 2004, 22:01

For beginners you have a probably relative in Cocuruzzo, Postale 81040, Province of caserta. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Mansueto in the first line and Cocuruzzo in the thir line and click CERCA for the listing of the one Mansueto in Cocuruzzo by full name,address and telephone number. A letter (www.free translation.com) to him asking him about your family would be nice and he would be able to tell you much. Send him a self addressed envelope with a dollar inside for stamps to encourage a reply. Now for the family Cocuruzzio civil records of all births, marriages and deaths are found on micorfilm at the family Histiory Library of the Mormon church closest to your home. You can rent the microfilm for about $3.00 and trace your family from 1809 to 1865. When conducting genelaogy research start at the end and work backward. There is a very good book to accompany your micorfilm researches title Finding your family by Lynn Nelson which yhou can opurchase thru Amnazon and will help you. If you wish to start looking on your own then start with the earliest ancestor in the USA and work back to ellisisland.org website for their arrival. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship