Search/Búsqueda de familia MONTECATINI

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
montecatini

Search/Búsqueda de familia MONTECATINI

Post by montecatini »

Good morning,

First of all I apologize for my very bad english.
I am spanish I am trying to make the genealogy of my family. I found out that one of my ancestros JOSEF MONTECATINI MASINI was born in Bastia (Corsica) in 1716. Could anyone help me how I could get a born certificate from Bastia, or if there is any person who could locally search this information for me???

Many thanks to anyone who could give me some information

Gracias y espero vuestras respuestas
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Search/Búsqueda de familia MONTECATINI

Post by suanj »

montecatini wrote:Good morning,

First of all I apologize for my very bad english.
I am spanish I am trying to make the genealogy of my family. I found out that one of my ancestros JOSEF MONTECATINI MASINI was born in Bastia (Corsica) in 1716. Could anyone help me how I could get a born certificate from Bastia, or if there is any person who could locally search this information for me???

Many thanks to anyone who could give me some information

Gracias y espero vuestras respuestas
Hi:
sure the Masini surname was listed in Corse about 1200/1300 years

..... Masi, Masia, Masetti, Masini, Masotti, Toma, Tomasi, Tomasini, Tomei, Tomi, Tommasi, Tommasini...... by http://www.adecec.net/adecec-net/SANTI/GHJENNAGHJU.htm (in Corse slang)

also are very probable that Masini surname is from paternal line and Montecatini from maternal line... I know not if the Bastia Common in Corse Isle are the birth registries about 1716... perhaps the search must start in churches of Bastia.. the address of Bastia Common is :

Municipio di Bastia,
Rond-point Noguès
20600 Bastia
Corse (France)

More: in the past, Masini surname in Corse, was in ERSA town, and Montecatini(wrote MontecatTini) in Palasca town
http://tk5ypeg.free.fr/cousins20/fc20pa04.htm
(this two surname are estudied from French genealogist.. )also you can write some Masini person in Bastia .. here are an Masini:
http://www.cap-corse.com/anglais/englishannunce.htm

....suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In addition there are 1,870 references to MASINI surname in www.google.com and insert in title MASINI GENEALOGY. There is a listing for Coat of Arms as well. You can change the title to use Montecattini or Montacatini genealogy and other surnames as you wish. Peter
montecatini

Post by montecatini »

Buenos días,

Many thanks for your help. I do hope to be able to find out some information.

Should anyone need something from Malaga (Spain) do not hesitate to contact me.

My very best regards

Lola