ship manifests for immigrants arriving in New Orleans???

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

ship manifests for immigrants arriving in New Orleans???

Postby EliseLaRocca » 05 Feb 2012, 01:41

does anyone know of a site i can search these at? i am looking for my ggf and ggm and her parents arrival but i beleave they all came in through new orleans. thank you
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

Re: ship manifests for immigrants arriving in New Orleans???

Postby pink67 » 06 Feb 2012, 18:14

You can use Ancestry.com (payment site):

http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7484

The free site Familysearch.org has the database:

https://familysearch.org/search/collect ... on/1916009

But names are not indexed, you have to search manually page by page...

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Re: ship manifests for immigrants arriving in New Orleans???

Postby EliseLaRocca » 06 Feb 2012, 18:36

i am a member of ancestry and i am finding now that names arent indexed lol, i looked around this morning and noticed i could do that there. there are 4 brothers and a cousin and i noticed the cousin had the year and name of the ship he came on in a record for something else and i was able to find that ship and year and 38 pages later his name. this will prove to be a very long task when i start doing the brothers as i dont think i ship or correct year was listed, theirs seem to have 3 or 4 years listed on records as arrival and no ship name or month. i dont mide searching page by page so much i just wish the hand writing skills where better or at least the same for every page. it seems as soon as i think i have one persons hand writing understood enough to be able to skim through the records a new person takes over and i have to try to understand theirs..... if anyone ever makes a time machine their first task should be type writers for everyone free of charge lol. thank you for the information =)
EliseLaRocca
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship