Legalization of BC at Chicago Consulate, for Philly Consula

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

Legalization of BC at Chicago Consulate, for Philly Consula

Post by ericataylor22 »

I had my appt today at the Philly consulate and discovered that because I was born in a different consulate region (Chicago) I now need to get my official birth certificate 'legalized' by the Chicago Consulate BEFORE I can submit it to the Philly consulate. HELP!!! I have been on their website but have no clue of what I should be doing, forms to fill out or who to send the request to!

Any help would be greatly appreciateed, I am due to move to Roma in late July so I am on a time crunch now.
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Legalization of BC at Chicago Consulate, for Philly Con

Post by JJ313 »

Send your apostilled and translated certificate to the Chicago consulate with a letter requesting that they authenticate your document. Include a money order for $8.10 per certificate, a copy of your driver's license and a SASE for the return of the documents. The NY consulate requires a release holding them harmless in the event the documents are lost in transit. You may want to include that as well.
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Legalization of BC at Chicago Consulate, for Philly Con

Post by ericataylor22 »

Thank you, thank you!! I called the Chicago consulate and was told they couldn't help me, but I think I confused the sweet lady in the legal office, so I will not hold it against anyone. =-)

Tomorrow it will be requested. Thanks again for the help.