Grosse - Tersigni/Tersighi

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Grosse - Tersigni/Tersighi

Postby juviemom » 10 Mar 2012, 23:06

Since this forum was extremely helpful on my last search.... I have a new one for you all. I have an Antonio Grosse who immigrated to the US in about 1912-1914 with his wife Concetta Grosse (nee Ternigni or Tersighi). There is no other information I have been able to locate through my research and through ancestry (or that I have found) going backwards. Does anyone have this line or know of the correct spelling of Concetta's name?

Once in the US, they had 5 known children and resided in Stark, Ohio. The children are: Harry R, Anthony J Jr., Robert Albert, Thomas J and Anna Jean. Thomas is the child who married into our family.

Thanks in advance,
Bobbi Pohlman-Rodgers
juviemom@bellsouth.net
juviemom

Re: Grosse - Tersigni/Tersighi

Postby Tessa78 » 10 Mar 2012, 23:48

Hello Bobbi :-)

On this WWII registration card, Antonio Grosse lists his place of birth as SORA.
If Concetta came from the same town in Italy, the spelling of her name might be TERSIGNI which is common in Sora :-) The other spellings you list (Ternigni and Tersighi) do not exist in present day Italy...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Grosse - Tersigni/Tersighi

Postby juviemom » 11 Mar 2012, 00:35

Tessa - I looked to see if I could find a registration and for some reason it didn't come up. Thanks for a new start.
Regards,
Bobbi
juviemom

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship