Immigration to Argentina

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Immigration to Argentina

Postby Gal4jc2 » 20 Mar 2012, 20:56

I am trying to locste immigration information for my great grandfather, Paolino Licata. He lived in San Biagio Platani, Agrigento, Sicily and moved to Buenos Aries, Argentina in the early 1900's. I have tried cemla.com, immigration-records.com/ar, ancesrty.com, familysearch.com with no success. Also have tried radici address but it is never available. Does anyone have suggestions? I know we have family in Argentina as some of my grandfather's friends visited them in the 1940's. Unfortunately, the friends are deceased. any help would be apppreciated. Thank you. Michelle
Gal4jc2

Re: Immigration to Argentina

Postby suanj » 28 Mar 2012, 11:45

Gal4jc2 wrote:I am trying to locste immigration information for my great grandfather, Paolino Licata. He lived in San Biagio Platani, Agrigento, Sicily and moved to Buenos Aries, Argentina in the early 1900's. I have tried cemla.com, immigration-records.com/ar, ancesrty.com, familysearch.com with no success. Also have tried radici address but it is never available. Does anyone have suggestions? I know we have family in Argentina as some of my grandfather's friends visited them in the 1940's. Unfortunately, the friends are deceased. any help would be apppreciated. Thank you. Michelle

Hi maybe the first name is Paolo;
Paolino =little Paolo
I found:
name:
LICATA, PAOLO
age 22
marital status S (single)
profession BARBIERE (barber)
religion CATOLICA (catholic)
nationality ITALIANA (Italian)
ship RAVENNA
departure GENOVA
arrival date 16/11/1908 - BUENOS AIRES
birthplace DESCONOCIDO (unknown)

but I cannot find him birthact in San Biagio Platani from 1876 to 1888... you can add more infos?
Regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship