*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Thanks Riccardo....Documents from Sicily

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Thanks Riccardo....Documents from Sicily

Postby Agrigentonio » 20 Mar 2012, 21:22

I'd like to share a positive experience I had in acquiring my great grandparents' birth and marriage records from Sicily.

Originally I attempted to contact the Comune myself by email using Google translator. I haven't studied Italian since college, and was very concerned about making a bad impression, but I did my best.

When the Comune hadn't responded in two weeks, I decided to change my approach. I searched this forum for sources in Italy who could help me acquire the documents and came across the name of Riccardo Bruno.

I contacted Riccardo by email and after sending him some information on my GGPs and wiring him a very reasonable payment, Riccardo got to work.

Riccardo stayed in contact with me by email and phoned the Comune weekly until the documents had arrived at his office. Upon receiving the documents from the Comune, Riccardo saw something in the format of the documents that might have caused me trouble at the Consulate. Riccardo returned the documents to the Comune, had the problem corrected, and then sent the documents on to me in the US.

From the time I paid Riccardo, to the time I received the documents took a little over four weeks which is especially good considering the Comune had to mail them twice.

Riccardo is very generous with his time, even calling me by phone when he thought it necessary in completing my document request. I hope to work with him again as I gather more US documents and need to have them translated before my appointment with the Consulate.

Thanks to Riccardo and to this forum for the help you've provided me.

Anthony
Agrigentonio

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship