Searching for Piesco, Help!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jmclark9

Searching for Piesco, Help!

Postby jmclark9 » 23 Dec 2004, 01:47

I am trying to trace my ancestors with the name Piesco. I know my great grandfather, Angelo was born in Casalvecchio di Puglia, Foggia in 1901 and came to America around 1916 with his mother. His father and brothers had arrived around 7 years earlier. Supposedly, they came through Ellis Island and settled in Massachusetts but I cannot locate the name on any database.

mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Searching for Piesco, Help!

Postby mfjp » 23 Dec 2004, 02:39

Maybe if you give us some first names of your G2 Grandparents and Angelo's brothers and approx. year of birth, it could be looked into. Also the name of Angelo's wife.. as a census search may reveal a year of entry etc. I guess you have searched ports other than Ellis? Also do you know where in Mass. he could have settled in first?

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 23 Dec 2004, 03:02

More than likely theylanded at Boston Massachusetts and if you send an e-mail to Waltham,arvchives@nara.gov you can request a check for their arrival and if you wish you can also call them atNARA's office in Waltham and speak with a staff memeber for a check. Normally you would send a form 81 but since you "know " the port and the year it shouldnot be a oproblem. Form 81 covers all entries into the USA ffrom 1820 to 1957. Peter

jmclark9

Postby jmclark9 » 23 Dec 2004, 04:20

Thanks for the replies. I just sent an email to Waltham. My grandfather's brothers names were Nicola (Nick) and Savario (Frank). His parents names were Michele and Angiolina (or Maria) Scarpelli. Angelo's wife's name was Catherine Calitri (born in MA) I have copies of his certificate of naturalization and his mother's passport which is in Italian, but it does contain the date 1916 and Milford, MA which is where they settled first. :)

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 23 Dec 2004, 04:23

Give them a call if they do not respond (they should) after a few days. Please let me know what happens. Peter

jmclark9

Postby jmclark9 » 30 Dec 2004, 02:20

I went to the archives today and found passenger and immigration records for many of the Piescos. Thanks for your help!

AlexisKiraY

Postby AlexisKiraY » 05 Jan 2005, 06:02

Wow, this is kinda crazy. I was doing a search for an obituary and I found this website. My great grandfather was Nicola Piesco. I'm a little confused because I don't know the name Angelo, was he also known as Ralph? I know that my great grandfather lived in Brockton, MA. If this is the same person I'm thinking it is, I'm sure I could give you more information. Let me know.

Beneamata

Postby Beneamata » 02 Jun 2009, 19:28

Don't know if you are still checking this thread, but my great Aunt Isabella Bellofatto married Frank Saverio Piesco in Milford in 1912. I have a great amount of documents, photos and information about the Piesco family and would be very interested to share research.

Please post here or email me: frank.cam "at" verizon.net

~Frank Campagna

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”