REPOST: About LA form

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

REPOST: About LA form

Postby phil100a » 25 Apr 2012, 09:11

Re-posting because I forgot to include a key question in my first post.

I obtained "jure sanguinis" via the San Francisco consulate a few years ago. My nephew is currently pursuing citizenship via the LA Consulate. This forum was a great help and a comfort during that time!

I was told that the LA Consulate will simply refer to my San Francisco application for all the information up to my nephew's and his parent's info. I am advising him.

My questions:
1) The LA Consulate has forms for "ascendants". I have forgotten requirements for those forms. Does my nephew need to fill our an "ascendant" form for *all* ascendants in the line (In this case GGF - GF - Mother), or just the primary ascendant, who emigrated from Italy? (note: I already understand that one must use different forms for "living" and "deceased" descendents.)

2) When listing cities of residence on form 4, does my nephew need to list only American cities that his GGF lived in from age 18, or ALL cities, including Italian cities from the age of 18?

3) Last, is any of the above information even necessary for my nephew to list, because San Francisco has my completed file? LA said they simply refer to my San Francisco file for all information approved by SF. I have everything in there, and approved, except for the information about my nephew's mother. (not sure if his mother needs to be included as an ascendant - see question #1, above)

Any advice appreciated.

For context, Form #4 is found at the bottom of this page - it's a PDF.
http://www.conslosangeles.esteri.it/Con ... escent.htm

Thanks very much, in advance!

Phil
phil100a
Rookie
Rookie

Re: REPOST: About LA form

Postby JJ313 » 25 Apr 2012, 14:55

If LA will reference your file in SF then your nephew would only need forms for his mother and himself. I presume that you share his GF as a common ancestor. Is his mother applying?
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Postby phil100a » 25 Apr 2012, 19:44

Thanks, JJ313! At this time, his mother is not applying.

So, to be clear, my nephew will only need to complete the "ascendants" form for her mother, and a separate "Declaration of Applicant" form for herself. Is that correct? In any case, thanks again!
phil100a
Rookie
Rookie

Postby phil100a » 25 Apr 2012, 20:07

btw, JJ313, we do share my GF as a common ancestor; it's his GGF. Thanks again!
phil100a
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JJ313 » 26 Apr 2012, 15:05

Based upon the lineage that you describe your nephew would also need a form for his GF. He will also need documents for him as well.
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship