Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
When I scheduled my appointment, Abtran said that if my documents were ready, I could request a sooner appointment if there are any cancellations. Has anyone been succesful in requesting an appointment sooner than the Abtran scheduled date?
When they postponed my appointment last year they said they'd be in touch to re-schedule earlier if there were any cancellations. I think it was 10 months and I heard nothing. I did get a somewhat more personalized response at the time, from MarkKidney@abtran.com. You might try e-mailing him direct -- just a chance. (The other responses from them were generic, no names.)
I have my NYC appt in July and a few months ago Abtran sent out an email that must have gone to everyone who was scheduled for an interview this year, asking if anyone had a change in mind or wanted a later date, to email them back, as that would then allow them to offer the opening to someone else...I guess not many people responded.
Unfortunately the email address for Mark Kidney is no longer in use. I broke down and called abtran to ask about cancellations. I was told that they do not re-schedule cancelled appointments. This may only apply to New York. So, despite being told to write an email when my documents were ready, there is no option for anything sooner than when you are scheduled by abtran. Now I feel like I rushed for nothing. These documents haunted me for 6 months and now I have another six months to just stew over them.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests