dual citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

dual citizenship

Postby mmagen » 25 May 2012, 22:29

I have original 1900 marriage certificate of grandparents. will the Los Angeles consulate accept a copy of that if I have a local notary stamp it? will that suffice as a 'certified copy'? Does L.A. consulate require death certificates for my father and GF?

I am trying to see if any other relative has obtained dual citizenship through my GF; a laborious task to try to track theme down. Is there any database to check to see if a relative has used my grandfather? His name is Angelo Acquistapace, son of Antonio and Orsola Acquistapace from Gerola Alta (Sondrio province) in the Valtellina above Lago di Como. Angelo had 6 brothers.

Thanks!
mmagen

Re: dual citizenship

Postby jennabet » 26 May 2012, 18:43

When you present your documents to the consulate, I would submit the original marriage license and let them have a look at it and then offer them a copy of it to keep. No need to have the copy notarized.

Hopefully others here can answer your other questions.
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: dual citizenship

Postby 02Nomad » 02 Jun 2012, 17:06

I am trying to establish a familial connection to the town of Felitto, IT. I have contacted the Italian Consulate here in Baltimore concerning what is necessary to apply for dual citizenship. I have their response, unfortunately, it's on my computer at work. I will forward the message to my home computer and post the reply on Monday.
02Nomad

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship