I Need the Great Researchers!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

I Need the Great Researchers!

Postby KarenChristino » 28 May 2012, 16:14

I have still not found my GGM’s ship manifest. We’ve searched extensively, but I think it must be mistranscribed or something. Can you help?

Her name is Mariantonia de Stasio, husband was Donato Cristino. Her birthday was May 11, 1870. Donato arrived in NYC in June of 1895 from Naples and my GF was born in October 1896 in NYC. (Maria was coming from Montecalvo Irpino but I don’t think that’s on the manifest -- Suanj was kind enough to help me find a book compiled from their end of the people who left and she is not listed.)

Her daughter, Rosa Cristino, I think must have been with her and we cannot find her either. She was born on January 5, 1892 in Montecalvo.

I do not think she arrived on 12/21/95 as that person was from “Pachiano” and did not have a child. Or is the town an error? I couldn't find such a place. I found a few other people with similar names, but they all seemed to have discrepancies.

Has anyone had luck finding a ship manifest in library books when it couldn’t be found digitally? Thank you for any help!
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I Need the Great Researchers!

Postby jennabet » 28 May 2012, 16:44

Karen, just thought I'd mention that from my grand-father's naturalization certificate, I knew the name of the ship he traveled on and the date he arrived in the USA but I could never find him on that ship's manifest. Reason being is that his name was so mangled that I didn't know it was him and because I always thought he traveled with other people -- but in fact, he traveled alone. Only the first three letters of his last name were correct and I had by- passed it several times. Finally someone in this forum was kind enough to point it out to me.
jennabet
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 28 May 2012, 22:17

If these guys don't find it, try lostquays@ymail.com she has found everything I asked for.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby KarenChristino » 28 May 2012, 23:17

Thanks both of you for the input! I've searched for name variations, but I'll go back to the drawing board and then query lostquays if someone else doesn't turn it up.
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship