original documentation or case number?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

original documentation or case number?

Post by roobyred »

Does anyone know if several members of the same family, living in the same state, applying for dual citizenship but having different Consulate dates, if they all have to acquire a complete set of the same originals? My nephew already applied and has a case number. I'm under the impression I can use his case number and original documentation for my part of our family.
Can anyone verify this? I've called the consulate before and hung up very confused. :shock:
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Roberta
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: original documentation or case number?

Post by jennabet »

I would think this would be ok. We gave copies of all of our documents and our case number to other members of the family in case they need them.
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JJ313 »

Only one set of originals is necessary where the documents are the same. You should provide the consulate with copies of the documents along with the file number from the consulate where the originals were filed. Please keep in mind that each consulate will make its own determination on each document so a document accepted in Miami with a name discrepancy may be treated differently by NY for the same error.
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

Post by roobyred »

That's what I thought but wanted to ask. In that case, I am almost there.
Still need some translated. Any recommendations?
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

Post by roobyred »

That's what I thought but wanted to ask. In that case, I am almost there.
Still need some translations. Any recommendations?