*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Need Help Finding US Naturalization Info

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Need Help Finding US Naturalization Info

Postby y2kdread » 28 Jun 2012, 22:32

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the community and wanted to know if anyone has tips finding naturalization info.

From what I have found, I would qualify for dual citizenship using the Mother --> Grandparent route. Both of my Grandparent's were born in Italy and came into the New York on March 15th of 1956 and my mother was born in the US a year later. I found information about the ship manifest showing when they arrived, but I can't find any information to figure out when they naturalized.

My grandparents names are:

Bellonio Nastasi
Licia Nastasi

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about finding this information?
y2kdread

Re: Need Help Finding US Naturalization Info

Postby KarenChristino » 08 Jul 2012, 02:59

I did not see either of their names on Ancestry.com naturalization search (which looks like it comes from NARA records). You may also want to check Italiangen.org. After 1906 I believe that they would only be through the National Archives. You can order a Naturalization search at the National Archives online at https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonl ... chives.gov

If they don't have it they should give you a "no records" letter.
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship