Philly consulate saying they have no file for me!! HELP!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Philly consulate saying they have no file for me!! HELP!

Postby ericataylor22 » 13 Jul 2012, 23:58

I emailed the Philly Consulate four weeks ago to inquire on the status of my dual citizenship application. Yesterday I finally received a non-personal email response to my inquiry stating that they file number they gave me at my February 2012 appointment did not exist and they had no record of it or my name anywhere!!

I handed the majority of my official documents, translations, etc. to Lea at the February appointment, and mailed the last three necessary documents directly to the consulate.

I have emailed, called and left various messages about this but I have gotten nothing from anyone. HELP!!

I move to Italy in 10 days, and trying to get this dealt with from the home country will be a nightmare. Does anyone know a way to actually talk to a person in the Philly consular office??

Desperation is setting in!
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Philly consulate saying they have no file for me!! HELP

Postby jennabet » 14 Jul 2012, 11:51

At this point, you probably should go to the consulate and not leave until somebody talks to you.
jennabet
Master
Master

Postby jennabet » 14 Jul 2012, 11:59

I would also contact the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC as soon as possible and report everything to them. If I remember correctly, the name of the person you need to speak with is Palma Provenzano.
jennabet
Master
Master

Postby mler » 14 Jul 2012, 13:24

Totally agree. You entrusted your precious documents to them, and they were misplaced. Only a personal visit will get something done. Bring copies of your documents with you, and insist on a diligent search.

If you have return receipts for the documents you submitted by mail, that would be most helpful.
mler
Master
Master

Postby ericataylor22 » 14 Jul 2012, 17:06

Thanks! I will call the consulate in DC on Monday, since a personal visit to Philly is out of the question. I leave for Rome on July 23rd and I cannot get to Philly before that.

I will let you know what happens.
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jennabet » 14 Jul 2012, 17:11

When you call the Embassy in DC, tell them it's an emergency and that you have your ticket and you're already to go. Good luck.
jennabet
Master
Master

Postby ericataylor22 » 17 Jul 2012, 02:29

Well, after non-stop email badgering of IPS Italy, I finally have confirmation that the consulate DOES have the file. They just put it in a file numbered differently than the number given to me.

But with that said, they will not speed up the process. Said to expect the letter to be mailed to the address on my application.

Minor problem...I will not be at that address anymore - I will be in Rome! Told them this fact, they said they can only mail to that address and told me to get someone to 'pick it up for me.' Boy, this is fun process. =-!
ericataylor22
Rookie
Rookie

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship