Bencini ancestors

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Bencini ancestors

Postby ptimber » 12 Nov 2002, 05:24

This is merely to set the parameters of your research objectives. There are 554 BENCINI surnamed person in the Tuscany rgion and 400 of the 554 are in the Province of Firenze. TGhe city of Firenze which is the capital of the province has 154 perons surnamed Bencini and the rest of the 400 are in surrounding towns. Obviusly it is going to be a bit of a task to locate relatives so be patient. Do you have any idea of what town in Italy the family may have come from..any family oral history??Any cemetary records?? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Bencini ancestors

Postby ptimber » 12 Nov 2002, 05:39

There appears to be sufficient evidence to encourage me to advise that there is a connection between Bencini surnamed persons in North Carolina and Greve in Chianti, Province of Firenze, Tuscany, Italy. Go to www.familysearch.org and under ancestry search use Bencini as the surnbame and nothbing else so that you will get toi compare both Bencini\' from North Carolina and Greve in Chianti. If I were you I might want to write to the only 7 persons in Greve in Chianti and ask them if they are related to you and know about the family. Write to all seven in Italian or very simple english sentences and keep it short if you do. English is a second language in the schools and one letter to all seven with an enclosed self addressed envelope wirth a dollar inside each for stamps will do. You can also ask thechurch whose name I will give you if there is any there foir any baptismal record for Anthony since 1802 precludes civil records in Tuscany at that time. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Bencini ancestors

Postby ptimber » 12 Nov 2002, 05:43

To find the names and addresses of the 7 Bencini in Greve inChianti go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Bencini in the first line and Greve in Chianti in the third line and click CERCA for the entire list of the 7 by name,address and telephone numbers. Unfortunately rthere are 9 churches in Greve so that you would have to find out which church was in operation around 1902. Go to www.paginebainche.it and in the first line put in parrocchia and in the thrid line Greve in CVhianti and the 9 churches will appear after you click CERCA. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Bencini ancestors

Postby ptimber » 12 Nov 2002, 16:14

I am here! Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship