recognition

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
carlauk

recognition

Postby carlauk » 23 Jul 2012, 19:58

Hi could anyone tell me if I can still apply for italian citizenship / recognition of italian citizenship and also if I could pass on citizenship to my children who are now over 18.

I was born in 1965 in Italy, my mother was an Italian citizen my father was a naturalized british citizen (he was previously italian but was british at the time of my birth.
We moved to the UK when i was a child, my mother never naturalized and stayed in the uk as an italian citizen until she died.

I however naturalised on my own as a minor, I have a naturalisation certificate stating i naturalised on my own as a minor.

Ive read through the italian guide lines and would i be correct in thinking that if you register on your own as a minor you still retained your Italian citizenship?

Thank you

mler
Master
Master

Re: recognition

Postby mler » 24 Jul 2012, 23:28

Not too sure how this works in the uk. Try posting at www.italiancitizenship.freeforums.org You're likely to get an answer there.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”