help!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

help!

Postby andreapaola26 » 25 Jul 2012, 00:03

Hello y'all.
I'm new to the site and I was wondering if someone could help me out. My dad decided to gather some info about his grandparents and I'm helping him out. They were born in Lentiscosa, in the Salerno province. I need their birth certificates and marriage certificates. Their names were Francesco Belluccio born in august 21, 1891 and Margarita di Vivo born october 24, 1896.
I been trying to find the office where I could write and ask for their birth and marriage certificates but I haven't had any luck. Is there anyone out there that could point me in the right direction?
thanks so much!
andreapaola26

Re: help!

Postby Tessa78 » 25 Jul 2012, 05:02

andreapaola26 wrote:Hello y'all.
I'm new to the site and I was wondering if someone could help me out. My dad decided to gather some info about his grandparents and I'm helping him out. They were born in Lentiscosa, in the Salerno province. I need their birth certificates and marriage certificates. Their names were Francesco Belluccio born in august 21, 1891 and Margarita di Vivo born october 24, 1896.
I been trying to find the office where I could write and ask for their birth and marriage certificates but I haven't had any luck. Is there anyone out there that could point me in the right direction?
thanks so much!

Welcome! :-)

Lentiscosa is a frazione (hamlet) of the Comune of Camarota in Salerno Province.
You should write in Italian to the comune of Camarota to request the records...

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Roma, 1
84040 Camarota (SA)
Italy

Help with letters of request in Italian
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter3.html

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master