*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Husband's birth certificate needed?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Husband's birth certificate needed?

Postby 846newyorker » 08 Aug 2012, 23:39

My aunt is applying for de jure sanguinis at the Philadelphia consulate. Her father was born in the U.S. before his father naturalized; she was born prior to 1948 and married in the 1960s. The instructions from the PA consulate do not indicate that she needs her husband's birth certificate; however, at my appointment in New York I was told she would need it (in addition to her marriage certificate). Does anyone know whether Philadelphia collects this for women? (I tried e-mailing them but the citizenship office there does not reply to e-mails.)
846newyorker
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Husband's birth certificate needed?

Postby mammini » 12 Aug 2012, 15:39

I would get it just in case. When I was applying for my Italian citizenship, I was told that the women's information was not important - only the men's. This is Italy, afterall! :D
Depending on which office I asked, I either needed this information, or I didn't, so I had the whole lot translated into Italian at considerable expense just to be on the safe side.
When dealing with Italian bureaucracy, always err on the side of caution!
mammini

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship