*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Documents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Documents

Postby rbuonafede » 17 Sep 2012, 18:27

Hi All,

I finally have all of the documents I need and an appointment scheduled in Chicago for Feb. Right now I'm working on ammending three death records to show the correct birth dates and name spellings. My question relates to the naturalization records.
1. I recieved a copy (with letter saying best copy) of my great grandfathers naturalization record but there is no seal or ribbon even though I requested certified. Will this be acceptable or do I need something more for the Chicago office? If so, where would I get it?

2. The birthdate is off by a year and a month (compared to Italy B/C) what should I do about this? I have read that an affadavit may be a possibility? What would I need for that or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help everyone!
rbuonafede

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship