Success in Newark!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Success in Newark!

Post by sforza »

Approximately 16 months after my mother's first appointment in Newark and two yrs since I started collecting documents, my mother was recognized and registered in the AIRE. The delay involved a single document, which ended up taking a year to get due to bureaucratic screw-ups at NJ vital records. The upside of the delay, however, was that I was able to conduct (parts of) the final visit in Italian :D
I would like to thank everyone who provided advice and guidance on this site, particularly mler, Italysearcher, Carmine, PeterTimber, Javaislife and Kontessa. Indeed, if it were not for Carmine's rock-solid advice on document collection at the get-go, I don't think our case would have gone as smoothly as it did.
Again, much appreciation to this wonderful community!
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Re: Success in Newark!

Post by kontessa »

Congratulations! Were you recognized along with your mother?
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

So happy for you. Congratulations!
droe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by droe »

Congrats..............
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sforza »

Thanks, everyone. @Kontessa, no, I was not recognized that day. One more visit (I hope) and I'm recognized! The next project would be jus matrimonio for my dad, whose application was rejected for a pre-1912 naturalization when his GF was a minor. And then jus matrimonio for my husband, who is not Italian.
roobyred
Veteran
Veteran

Post by roobyred »

Congratulations!
I received mine in July and my Italian passport in October. Can't wait to return to Italy!!!
Roberta
sforza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sforza »

Congratulations to you, Roberta!
Neither can I! And hopefully with an Italian passport! I'll be there for a month starting this June.