Carnevale Family (Caserta)

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
rmaximo

Carnevale Family (Caserta)

Post by rmaximo »

Seeking information about Family Carnevale. Luigi Carnevale married Arcangela. They had one son, Antonio. Antonio and Concetta married and emigrated to Brazil in 1896. My grandfather is Geovanni Carnevale, married to Maria Antonia Del Signore. Reportedly both Carnival and Del Signore (also Italian emigrant) are of Caserta. I need to know what city (comune) they were in Italy.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Carnevale Family (Caserta)

Post by Italysearcher »

Amost certainly PICO in the Province of Frosinone. Both surnames are found there and I recently did a search for both surnames.
There are microfilms available from LDS for 1816-1865. After that you need to contact the town, but they are not great at responding. They weren't very helpful when I went there in person.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
pfountaine

Re: Carnevale Family (Caserta)

Post by pfountaine »

I believe the Carnevale family you are referring to came from Bonefro, Italy.