So many Italian Citizenship Questions

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
futureitalian

So many Italian Citizenship Questions

Post by futureitalian »

Since you guys appear to be the experts I have many questions to ask. I know mileage varies in this field, but any info is helpful:

My line is GGF - GM - F - Me

I will likely be able to apply in Boston (where I go to school, and have used consulates there in the past), Miami, or Italy (theoretically), or even theoretically London if I worked fast (I am legally residing in London atm). Where is best for this process? It appears to be Boston, but if anyone has advice I'm willing to listen. My documents are from all over the Eastern Seaboard, ranging as far South as Florida and as far north as Mass.

My ggf was named Giorgio, but on all american papers after his ship records he went by 'George.' What do I need to do with this discrepancy?

We do not have original naturalization papers. What will suffice in place of the originals? I requested a document look up from UCIS - will what they send me count as proof of naturalization (assuming UCIS finds something, but they should as my gaunt remembers my ggf becoming naturalized when she was pregnant with her first kid in 1947-8)?

My father is hunting this down, but there's a chance we will not be able to get a birth certificate for my gf. What happens in this case? Will other records suffice? Again the lines goes through my grandmother not him! I'm also worried about my GGF's marriage certificate to my GGM. Though my GM's Birth certificate has my GGF and GGM's names.

Also, what is the best way to get my GGF's birth certificate from Italy? I believe the town to be Procida, Napoli. I am currently located in the UK - so if anyone has any info let me know. I'm enlisting the help of some Italian friends, but I'd like third and fourth opinions! (If I planned a vacation to Italy would this be the kind of thing I could just pick up?)