Canopic manifest

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
wahkontah

Canopic manifest

Post by wahkontah »

On June 27, 1904 I see my Grandfather on the manifest with his Paternal Grandmother
He was 8 veto la Banca , his Grandmother Guiseppe Girrantana La Banca are listed, but then crossed out. Does that mean they were not allowed in Boston?

In Sept. 11, 1904 I find Veto La Banca on the the ship Romanic arriving in Boston alone...
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Canopic manifest

Post by erudita74 »

wahkontah wrote:On June 27, 1904 I see my Grandfather on the manifest with his Paternal Grandmother
He was 8 veto la Banca , his Grandmother Guiseppe Girrantana La Banca are listed, but then crossed out. Does that mean they were not allowed in Boston?

In Sept. 11, 1904 I find Veto La Banca on the the ship Romanic arriving in Boston alone...
If the names are crossed out on the June manifest, it means they did not sail on that date.

Here's a website about other markings you may see on manifests, in case you need any of these:
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/

Erudita
wahkontah

Re: Canopic manifest

Post by wahkontah »

Thank you