Comune Addresses re: Birth Certificate Records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Comune Addresses re: Birth Certificate Records

Postby Andrewjmarino » 12 Feb 2005, 20:44

Hello:

I am trying to get birth certificate records for my grandparents in order to acquire dual citizenship. I have a couple of questions regarding this...

1) Can I simply send a letter of request (and $) to the "Ufficio Anagrafe - Stato Civile" of the comune (city) that I need the record from? Or, do I need the specific street address for the government office in the city?

2) If I need the specific street address does anyone know the correct addresses for 1) Caserta Vecchia and 2) Rochetta Al Volturna? I have only been able to find the specific street address for Caserta (Piazza Vanvitelli; zip code 81100) on the internet.

3) Regarding cost of the birth certificate: According to the instructions on the Italian Consulate website in the U.S. they say to include "$3/4" for the documents. Posts on this website suggest 5 Euro will be sufficient. Is 5 Euro enough to cover the cost of getting the documents I need? Can I send 5 Euro in cash or do (should) I need to send it as a cashier's check if I can get a cashier's check here in Portland, Oregon?

Grazie
Andrew Marino
Andrewjmarino

Re: Comune Addresses re: Birth Certificate Records

Postby suanj » 12 Feb 2005, 22:46

Hello:

I am trying to get birth certificate records for my grandparents in order to acquire dual citizenship. I have a couple of questions regarding this...

1) Can I simply send a letter of request (and $) to the "Ufficio Anagrafe - Stato Civile" of the comune (city) that I need the record from? Or, do I need the specific street address for the government office in the city?
all request -also with email(no$) -are addressed to Ufficio Anagrafe/Stato Civile or SERVIZI DEMOGRAFICI (= Ufficio Anagrafe+Stato Civile) of Common, so:
Servizi Demografici
street, numer street
zip code Common, province of Common
Country

2) If I need the specific street address does anyone know the correct addresses for 1) Caserta Vecchia and 2) Rochetta Al Volturna? I have only been able to find the specific street address for Caserta (Piazza Vanvitelli; zip code 81100) on the internet.
[i]-Caserta Vecchia is an fraction of Caserta Common, all request always in Caserta Common comune@comune.caserta.it :
Ufficio Anagrafe
Via Patturelli 73/75
81100 Caserta (CE)
Italy

-Rocchetta al Volturno:
Ufficio Anagrafe
Viale Sandro Pertini
86070 Rocchetta A Volturno (IS)
Italy
fax +39 0865.952986
[/i]

3) Regarding cost of the birth certificate: According to the instructions on the Italian Consulate website in the U.S. they say to include "$3/4" for the documents. Posts on this website suggest 5 Euro will be sufficient. Is 5 Euro enough to cover the cost of getting the documents I need? Can I send 5 Euro in cash or do (should) I need to send it as a cashier's check if I can get a cashier's check here in Portland, Oregon?

normally for the certificates of italian descendant the Commons request not the sum, but some Common probable that request an little sum for coupons.. you send an normal letter or an email, include your exact and complete address and waiting, if the Common request the sum after, you send the sum...
Ciao, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship