Great Grandfather Birth Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Great Grandfather Birth Certificate

Postby xdaznx » 08 May 2013, 12:23

Hello everyone,

First I would like to thank you beforehand for your time and effort. This is my last option, I have spent lots of time and I have not been successful... Maybe you can help!

My Great Grandfathers name was Fernando Renzo. He was born in 1865 in Calabria, as far as we can tell the city was Consenza (we are not positive). His fathers name was Miguel Renzo and his mothers name was Beatriz Renzo.

The family moved to Brazil where my great grandfather lived the rest of his life.

If you need any other information or any other questions for me, please feel free to contact me!

Thanks again!
xdaznx

Re: Great Grandfather Birth Certificate

Postby adelfio » 09 May 2013, 20:27

Welcome to IG website are you sure of his birthdate
Do you know his mothers maiden name?
Looked for Fernando Renzo military record in Provincia di Cosenza but only found a possible sibling's military record
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment birth year 1847.Volume number 8,
document number - page 10 section -
Nicola Renzo, enlisted on --/--/----
born on 05/10/1847 in the town of BOCCHIGLIERO son/daughter of Michele Renzo and of Beatrice Nucaro

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Great Grandfather Birth Certificate

Postby xdaznx » 12 May 2013, 17:52

I don't believe that would be correct, I am not sure of his mothers maiden name.... He did get married in Italy, his wife's name was Maria Marino and after they were married of course her last name went to Maria Marino Renzo her birth year was 1885 we are of course not sure where she was born... Her parents names were Francisco and Maria Marino... Thank you for your help : )
xdaznx

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship