*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

After Italian citizenship.......EURO health card

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

After Italian citizenship.......EURO health card

Postby Petrarca » 24 Feb 2005, 12:37

I would like to move to Sweden after I get my Italian citizenship. How does one go about getting enrolled in the Italian Health Care system so that you can get the new Euro health card, which I need in order to get medical treatment in Sweden as an EU citizen.

I've never actually lived in Italy.

Thanks.....
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Re: After Italian citizenship.......EURO health card

Postby Xaymara » 26 Feb 2005, 02:23

[quote] ... How does one go about getting enrolled in the Italian Health Care system... [quote]

I think that you would be best advised asking this question at the consulate that processed your documents for citizenship. You probably have to start by registering with A.I.R.E.

In regards to the Euro Health Card, I understand that it is a card for EU citizens to use when travelling within the Union in order to facilitate the access to health care. From what I’ve read, this card is not intended for EU citizens who intend to establish residence in another EU state.
More information on this health card can be found here: http://www.epha.org/a/1333 . The ‘frequently asked question’ section has information on how this card works and how to request one.
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship